One of the oldest trees in Poland, an English oak named “Chrobry”, grows in the Lower Silesian Wilderness. It was probably planted around 1250. In 2004, seeds of the oak were taken by the foresters going on pilgrimage to the Vatican. Blessed by Pope John Paul II, the acorns were then sent to various corners of Poland to commemorate the Polish Pope. One of them was planted in Skwierzyna, in the old cemetery at St Nicholas of Myra church, with a commemorative plaque.