||ul. Wojska Polskiego 2 , 68-208 Łęknica
||+48 68 375 34 75
The palace, commonly referred to as “Belvedere” (Belweder), was likely built in 1925 by Oscar Urbanitz, an heir to Eduard Urbanitz, the founder of the glassworks. Until 1945, the residence was owned by the Urbanitz family. After World War II, “Belvedere” served as a club for the workers of the nearby glassworks. In 1992, the building was taken over by the Commune of Łęknica and turned into the communal culture centre. It is currently the seat of the Culture, Sports and Recreation Centre in Łęknica offering, among others, bicycle rental and various sports classes.
About the region
The area of operation of the Local Action Group “Grupa Łużycka”...